piatto5 hand-operated food slicer – Reliable technology equipped with modern tools
The hand-operated food slicer piatto5 has a high degree of truth to material, is largely made of sturdy metal and, thanks to its timeless design, practically fits into any home.
It is operated by a smooth-running crank with a particularly high-quality beech wood handle and therefore no electricity is required. Therefore it can be used everywhere and at any time. The piatto5 is equipped with a guide bracket for better discharge of large, hard foods during the slicing process. The advantage of this is that the evenly cut food does not get in the way or block the continuing "crank operation". The food to be sliced is channelled away from the crank and then lands on the bamboo board provided exactly for this purpose. It perfectly fits into the rails directly under the food slicer - it can be pulled out and used as a rustic serving plate or cutting board, too.
Furthermore, the piatto5 is equipped with four suction feet, which ensure a particularly secure, non-slip stand. You only have to press the device a little bit onto the surface of the desired workstation and the silicone feet will suck themselves tight.
The slice thickness can be adjusted continuously up to approx. 20 mm and the stainless steel carriage can be removed very easily.
- manually operated
- food sliced from left to right
- full metal construction
- silver metallic
- serrated circular blade, 17 cm Ø
- slice thickness adjustable up to approx. 20 mm
- detachable carriage made of stainless steel
- carriage way approx. 20 cm
- smooth crank made from metal with a beech wood handle
- stainless steel guide bracket for the food to be sliced
- FSC certified bamboo board collects the cut food and, at the same time, serves as a cutting board
- four high-quality suction feet for a non-slip and solid footing
- dimensions: width 34.5 cm height 25.5 cm depth 37.0 cm
- weight: 4.3 kg incl. bamboo board
The hand-operated food slicer piatto5 has received the iF Design Award 2021 on the basis of the points it has scored in the categories of idea, form, function, unique selling proposition and relevance. Once again, an international jury consisting of 98 experts presented the renowned design prize and had to select the winners from even more submissions than ever before. The piatto5 was able to prevail and is thus one of the deserving prize winners - because only the most innovative and best are admitted to the international ranks of iF prize winners.